- More economical to run, with call costs and line rental typically up to 50% cheaper than normal
- Additional features such as
- Voicemail to email
- Conference bridging
- Presence or unified communication
- Sophisticated call queuing
- Extension dialing over more that one physical location
- Administration overhead is a lot more economic and easier to manage, for the simple MAC”S (move, add change) this is software driven and can be achieved by your supplier remotely of on site by an administration person through a secure browser.
MD’s Blog – Message on Hold the VOIP Pitt Falls.
Its not what you use its how you use it.I recently purchased the latest BMW, with assisted parking, all the bells and whistles, however it runs on leaded petrol…………. How ridiculous would that be however this is what we are seeing with some customers buying VOIP telephone systems, from vendors who have no understanding of the correct Message on Hold Solution.Messaging on hold is critical to my business and my customers however it seems with the advent of companies moving to VOIP, the technologist are suggesting we move customers back to the dark ages of playing chimes; a not very funky playslist of music; the radio (which happens to be illegal) or even worse nothing.Messaging on hold has NOTHING to do with technology and all to do with a discreet marketing communication being delivered to callers into your business. Please do not be confused by this and please ensure your telephone systems provider is providing you with accurate information about how and what can happen.With all newer technologies there is always benefits that need to be explained in more detail. The POTS (plain old telephone system) is now fading away and being replaced with sophisticated Software utilising IP (internet Protocol) to make and receive Voice and Video communication, this is now called VOIP (Voice/Video over Internet Protocol.)This technology provides a number of real benefits